Design Aldgate, London
£20,000 - £35,000 | Design | Full Time | Aldgate, London
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Web Designer to join a leading company within the digital sector based in Aldgate, London.
As the web designer your role will involve collaborating with the developers and marketers to improve the current websites as well as focussing on creating new brands in multiple niches. We are looking for a designer who can create design solutions that have a high visual impact, contributing to overall marketing and business objectives.
The successful candidate will create engaging designs, they will work effectively within a team of stakeholders and experts, and they will be able to manage multiple projects at any one time.
As Web Designer your duties will include:
- Design web pages, including wireframes, graphic content, site navigation and content layout, in accordance with the brief
- Creation of engaging design concepts and production of high impact visual assets across a variety of marketing projects
- Protection of the brands, and provision of branding and online best practice guidance
- Design of assets for use on social media platforms
- UX consultancy, feedback and production to support site testing, customer journey mapping and conversion optimisation
- Estimate design and production costs and keep within budget
- Identify problems with the websites and make improvements without constant guidelines
- Design and produce email templates in accordance with best practice layout and usability
- To manage and maintain accurate, complete, up to date documentation and asset inventory
An ideal Web Designer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Solid Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS (only basic required)
- Good understanding of UX and UI design
- Previous web design experience, whether personally or with another company
- Demonstrable design skills (portfolio or project reports)
- Good understanding of user experience, usability and accessibility standards
- Some experience with CMS platforms and web analytics tools will be a bonus
And we look for specific attributes:
- The ability to interpret creative briefs
- A self-starter with high levels of motivation
- Ability to prioritise in line with business objectives
- A very fast learner with willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A pro-active individual who keeps up to date with new technologies
- High attention to detail and a passion for perfection
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues
Careers at MaD include a magnitude of benefits:
- Being part of an exhilarating, creative oozing co-working space, WeWork
- Relaxed, casual dress code, free beer on tap, serviced office rooms, free tea and coffee, free snacks, free breakfasts on Mondays and much more
- Competitive holiday allowances
- Access to networking, lunchtime talks, workshops and events
- Once a week every week, lunch is on us
- Half/full day activity outings once a month
MaD is the research and development branch of Kinetic Investments. It’s core purpose is to research, validate and develop MVPs to further understand scope and scalability of new and exciting business ideas.
In return you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience. For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.