VP Of Engineering
Development Aldgate, London
£50,000 - £100,000 | Development | Full Time | Aldgate, London
Kinetic Investments, based in Aldgate, London, is looking for a VP of Engineering who can grow into Chief Technology Officer. This is a high-level role with great future options and prospects. Ideal candidates could be lead-developers moving up to the next level, looking to take on rapid-scale business challenges.
Ki is a digital investment company with several internal start-ups. Each of our companies have grown faster than the infrastructure and technology can sustain. We require someone who can command this area of the businesses, advise shareholders and rise to CTO level.
As VP of Engineering your duties will include:
- Ensure Technology Strategy serves Business Strategy – it is vital that our technology serves its core purpose; ensuring the business strategy can be executed. You must be able to align yourself with business goals and ensure the smartest technological route to meeting those needs. And, this includes seeing the full picture, in graphic detail for every aspect of tech.
- Provide Options and Solutions – we are faced with new circumstances every day. You must be able to problem solve, then provide multiple options; based on the needs of the task.
- Grow Technical Leaders – alongside finding and hiring the talent required, we expect you to nurture and grow our developers, ensuring they follow best practices, adhere to protocol and become the leaders of their divisions.
- Platform Selection and Technical Design – when faced with options, you should be able to choose the best technology for any given project. The selection of a platform is critical to the success of the project; as is the design and architectural documentation that comes with it.
- Find the 80/20 Time/Cost Balance – you should understand and balance team members feature requirements with business needs to ensure we’re always working to an efficient time and cost. Often, a feature only needs 20% of time to yield 80% of the desired outcome.
- Own the Development Methodology – being in charge of the development side of business, you should be the enforcer of best practice and proper technological processes – ensuring all team members methodology is aligned.
As part of a start-up you will be required to get your hands dirty alongside the strategic role. We believe a good technical leader should be the one setting up the foundations, creating infrastructure and leading by example for all to follow.
Hands-on duties include:
- Project manage multiple workflows company to company
- Development and maintenance of web solutions, intuitive web based systems, as part of an agile software development team
- Full stack (Backend & Frontend) web development
- Work in all phases of software development to ensure the proper usage of best practices, patterns and development methodologies
- Maintenance of technical documentation
- Ensure web development follows responsive paradigm
- Work closely with all members of the Agile team, to deliver high-quality code, that is tested and delivered across the full software development life cycle
- Communicate requirements and dependencies of the components within the system with other team members
- Write technical, as well as non-technical, specifications and record all procedures
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work on your own initiative
- Ensure all code is tested and reviewed to the highest standards
An ideal VP of Engineering will hold the following experience:
- Full stack development
- Experience leading teams across multiple projects
- Some business strategy within previous role
- Startup background a plus
- In-depth knowledge of database systems
- Progressive Enhancement / Responsive Design Techniques
- Knowledge of best-practices for web performance, accessibility and usability
- Best practice in development environments
- Experience with Servers and technical Administration
Careers at Kinetic Investments include a magnitude of benefits including:
- Offices in one of the most innovative cities in the world, London
- Being part of an exhilarating, creative oozing co-working space, WeWork
- Relaxed, casual dress code, free beer on tap, serviced office rooms, free tea and coffee, free snacks, free breakfasts on Mondays and much more
- Competitive holiday allowances
- Access to networking, lunchtime talks, workshops and events
- Once a week every week, lunch is on us
- Half/full day activity outings once a month
Kinetic Investments is a digital investment company that provide entrepreneurs with the capital and support required to transform their vision into a success. We work closely with each of our entrepreneurs to accelerate their growth. This means we are continually involved in aiding start-ups with their design, development, marketing, administration and business strategy.
In return you will receive a competitive salary dependent upon experience, while options and bonus structures are open for discussion. For an opportunity to join this rapidly expanding company please submit your CV online.